Tuesday, January 28, 2014

12-31-13

It was our cardiologist appointment! Zach was so sweet and planned a night before to get away for us, so we could go down and stay in salt lake and try and relax before we had to go to the appointment! We finally made it to see the lights at temple square! It was such a peaceful feeling walking around holding my loves hand! We went back to the hotel and it was very nice! Zach always knows how to spoil me! We had a jucuzzi in our room it was so nice and took my mind off of what was to come the next day! 
The morning arrived and I was so nervous! We headed to primary children's we had a hour and half or longer ultra sound just focused on her heart! They took me and zach to a little little room where 2 cardiologists, an nurse consultant, and a social worker came in! There was tissue boxes everywhere! I looked at zach with fear in my eyes wondering what on earth were they going to tell us! They first started off explaining how the normal heart works I had to stop them and say ok first tell me if she is going to be able to live.. They said yes! This was a huge relief and I said ok now continue! They began to tell us that she has a congenial heart defect called Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV) that she will need open heart surgery to fix it! I am so thankful that it is fixable but open heart surgery!!! I about died! They went on saying that 1 in 100 babies has a heart defect but 1% of those has what she has! It is very rare!! I know even though her heart needs fixing she is going to have the biggest heart out there!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment