Thursday, April 24, 2014

Happy.Due.Date

Today is miss Berlyns due date! She is also 3 weeks old today. She started off pretty good in the morning but was fussy during the afternoon... Who can blame her? She just had surgery! She look so so cute when we got there to see her this morning. We have a primary nurse during the day named Earl and he is the type that you'd never expect him to work in the NICU but I'd tell you what he is absolutely adorable with her. He knows what she likes and doesn't like and she always looks so comfy and peaceful with him. 
The night wasn't going as good as the day. She had a few apnea spells and one that her heart rate dropped with it. It was horrible it scared her after and she starting crying and I started crying! They are thinking it's due to her feedings because they started feeding her pedialyte today. Or it could be from her secretions. She has had a ton today. I just feel horrible for her. I just wish she could catch a break and get some good days and good news for her. They are going to do a X-ray in the morning to check her tummy to make sure everything looks goods due to after her surgery. They are also going to do an ultrasound to check her blood clot she got a week ago. I am praying and hoping it's not bigger and it's getting better. 
I am beyond blessed to have had these 3 weeks with sweet Berlyn! She has completely changed my life for the better. She is absolutely beautiful inside and out and shines bright. She is such a sweet spirit and has heaven in her eyes. I love her so so much. 

1 comment:

  1. She does have Heaven in her eyes, Tell her nurse we are so appreciative of Him, I'm sure he loves her like we all do., thanks for posting everyday, I look forward to hearing about her, tomorrow I am going to help with her marathon, I was going to walk/run, but Josh wants me to register the runners, I really would rather do that, I am an aweful runner, I don't even do it, but I would for Berlyn, Love you all.xoxo

    ReplyDelete